PROFILE OF THE VERY REVEREND SAM NII NMAI OLLENNU
The Very Rev. Sam Nii Nmai Ollennu was born in Accra. He is a native of La. He had his basic education at the Accra New Town Experimental School and Kotobabi Middle School. From there, he gained admission to Labone Secondary School (a school he is very proud of) and had his Ordinary Level and Advanced Level education. He read Science. He then proceeded to the University of Ghana, Legon. He also undertook courses at the University of Cape Coast and the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
The Very Rev. Ollennu holds the following degrees and certificate:
· B.Sc. (Hons.) in Chemistry-with-Mathematics from the University of Ghana, Legon
· Master’s in Educational Measurement and Evaluation from the University of Cape Coast
· Post-Graduate Diploma in Public Administration from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
· Certificate in Estimates and Costing from the University of Art, London.
He has also participated in several International seminars and short courses in different fields including Corporate Governance.
Very Rev. Ollennu joined the Council in October 1984 after a 4-year teaching experience in St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School, Accra. He took office as the Head of the Ghana National Office on May 4, 2012. Earlier in his career in the Council, Rev. Ollennu had served in the following capacities:
· Director of Administration
· Head of Security Printing Department
· Second-in-Command, School Examination Administration Department
· Branch Controller, Koforidua Office
· Second-in-Command, Private Candidates Examination Administration
· Second-in-Command, National Examination Administration Department
· Subject Officer, Science Section, Test Development Division.
Very Rev. Ollennu doubles as an Ordained Minister of the Methodist Church Ghana and has authored three books entitled:
· ONCE UPON A FRIDAY – meditations on the Seven Words of Jesus on the cross.
· PRAYERFULNESS – THE BENT KNEE – principles for cultivating a fruitful prayer life.
· CANDIDATE FOR MARRIAGE – pre-marital counselling and issues for early marriage life.
He is married to Beatrix and blessed with four children. During his spare time he enjoys exploring computer software and watching wildlife and cartoons.